Effective Communication for School Leaders
This course is suitable for SMT (Principals and Vice Principals), SLT (School Leadership Team) and Middle Leaders.
Delivered by: Nadia Wishah, School Improvement Consultant and Reviewer
Course Structure: 5 sessions, 80 minutes per session
Session 1: Effective Communication
- Why is effective communication important for school leaders
- What is effective communication?
- What does effective communication look like?
- What do I need to communicate?
Session 2: Managing Communications
- Leaders’ role
- Communication planning
- In-school communication
- Improving your own communication
- Active listening
Session 3: Communication Methods
- Personal, Emails and phone calls, face to face
- Communication channels – school events, newsletters
- School leaders’ views on their own communication
- Building relationships with parents
Session 4: The importance of questions
- Why are questions important?
- What questions should I be asking myself as a School Leader?
- What questions should I be asking my team?
- Self-reflection as School Leaders
- How to create an environment that values Questions.
Session 5: Dealing with Difficult Conversations
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Being prepared for difficult conversations How can I resolve a difficult conversation?
- What would you do?
- What to do after a difficult conversation?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 7 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes